What does your informational diet look like?
Have you ever stopped to think about what you are consuming from a mental context or point-of-view? What messages are you entertaining and do they align with where you are trying to go? Do the things that you read or listen to add any value to your life or business?
As we embark on a journey of personal development its important to discard some things in our life, so that we can make room for the growth we desire. Some of the attachments that we have in our life, have run its course. There is no need to continue to hold onto things that no longer serve of any use or value in your life.
“Disconnect so that you can reconnect, to what is meaningful in your life.”
The things that we consume, will either draw us closer or pull us further away from our goals, dreams, and aspirations.
- Are you wasting time feeling sorry for yourself?
- Are you listening to things that drain your life of hope?
- Are you starving the light within you?
- Are you feeding yourself with things that slow down your progress?
- Are your mistakes and failures on constant replay?
If we are not intentional about our informational diet we will become distracted.
“Distractions serve as decoys to get you away from your goals and aspirations.”
Here are three tips to help you manage your consumption:
- Be intentional about your diet, and how it will benefit you now and in the future
- Be willing to embark on the journey of discarding and releasing things in your life that no longer serve your journey
- Share your dreams and aspirations with people who will support you, challenge you to grow and keep you accountable to achieving the results.